RES4Africa Foundation is looking for a Capacity Building Project Coordinator with a background in engineering, international relations or development cooperation, who will mainly manage the organization and the execution of our Micro-Grid Academy, and advocate access to energy and its productive use through the publication of studies.
Job description for capacity building project coordinator
The main tasks that the candidate is expected to perform are related, but not limited, to:
Manage the organization and the execution of capacity building activities of the Micro-Grid Academy project both in Italy and in RES4Africa Foundation’s target countries. That includes:
- Contributing to the decisions on the project’s strategy;
- Management and coordination of the trainings, including logistics management for students, trainers and staff, communication and dissemination activities;
- Supporting the definition of project’s governance, including processes, procedures, standard and templates definition;
- Allocation of funds and resources according to the activities;
- Drafting contracts and agreements;
- Coordination of funding process, including proposal preparation and submission;
- Contributing in delivering lectures and training activities on renewable energy;
- Management of relationships with local partners and stakeholders;
- Monitoring and providing oversight on the activities and project;
- Production or coordination of multimedia material for communication and dissemination;
- Issuing periodical narrative and financial reports;
- Coordination and supervision of the follow-up activities with the students’ network, including job opportunities.
- Coordination of project’s partners and stakeholders for the construction of a hybrid mini-grid in Kenya for training purposes.
ACCESS TO ENERGY
Additionally, the resource should contribute to advocating access to energy with a particular focus on productive uses of energy and the water-energy-food nexus through the publication of studies, including the following activities:
- Engagement of international stakeholders of private, public and third sector;
- Issuing studies and papers to disseminate the results of the activities and projects.
The resource will report to the Program Manager of access to energy activities and will have the direct coordination of the internal and external resource allocated to the execution of the project.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: engineering, international relations, development cooperation, and relevant related studies
SENIORITY: 3-5 years of work experience in international companies or NGOs active in developing countries. Good experience in project management for cooperation, training, capacity building and human development projects. Past experience on renewable energies projects, especially PV, is welcome.
SKILLS: excellent relational and communication skills. Good experience of project management techniques (scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation). Advanced use of Microsoft Office package. Availability in an occupation based in Rome with frequent missions abroad.
LANGUAGE: excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Italian. Working knowledge of Basic French will be a plus.
To apply, send the following documents by email at email@example.com:
- CV (max two pages)
- Motivation Letter (max one page)
- Reference Letter (optional)
Deadline application: 30th August 2019