RES4Africa Foundation in a nutshell
Energy empowers lives, communities and economies. Renewable energy is fundamental for Africa to achieve its inclusive and sustainable development. As a private sector and member-driven organisation, the RES4Africa Foundation functions as a bridge between its members and partners for an exchange of perspectives, initiatives and expertise.
To contribute to paving the road towards a prosperous Africa, grounded on the use of renewable energy sources to power African economies’ rise, enabling the continent to achieve its full, resilient and inclusive sustainable development.
To create an enabling environment for scaling up investments to accelerate a just energy transition and transformation.
Our Areas of Action
- support wider participation of private players in delivering investments in RE generation
- stimulate complementary deployment of power infrastructures and their integration in energy systems
- broaden access to energy, demonstrating innovative, sustainable solutions built on cross-sectorial approaches (energy+services) and address the periurban areas
- boost the adoption of innovative technologies –digitalization, storage, e-mobility- to accelerate Africa electricity systems transformation
- maximise the socio-economic impact of Africa’s energy transition and favour practices in creating resilient economies and build back better after Covid
- promote advanced institutional and technical training, skill-creation and vocational training
The Way we Work
RES4Africa is guided by strong values and a set of clear workstreams.