The Micro-Grid Academy offers an all-inclusive training program ranging from renewable energy generation technologies to business and entrepreneurship skills. Recipients will be given a complete and practical training that enables them to manage and operate a mini-grid power plant or to create their own start-up companies.
For the purposes of providing all students with the most suitable education approach, training activities are composed of theoretical in-class lectures, online trainings, hands-on activities and on-field experiences to off-grid power plants.
Field experience will enable students to explore and find solutions appropriate to the local context. Furthermore, technical and financial evaluation, as well as pre-feasibility study, will be implemented with a practical approach.
In addition to the structured training course to be executed in Kenya, the MGA will also carry out specific training workshops in the countries of interest of RES4Med&Africa members.
The MGA aims at training 300 participants (professionals, students and entrepreneurs) each year.
The main target groups of the Micro-Grid Academy are:
- Technicians, or applicants with technical professional experience, working with rural communities where mini-grid power plants are in operation or planned.
- Future developers, managers and entrepreneurs.
- Employees from EPC companies.
- Students from local and international academia.
Application and selection procedures
The selection of participants will be based on curriculum vitae and motivation letter.
Would you be interested in participating in the next Micro-Grid Academy training? Fill in this form and we will keep you updated.
- No minimum education requirements are applied. However, applicants with secondary school diploma or professional experience in the energy field will be given priority.
- Applicants must be able to speak and read English.
- Applicants from all countries can apply to participate to the MGA. However, applicants from Sub-Saharan countries and particularly from East African Community (EAC) will be given priority.
- No age or other restrictions are applied. However, applicants up to 30 years old and women (of any age) will be given priority.